Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

Day 32 - Eggsplosion

Sometimes you just feel helpless, there is nothing you can do but watch as the people you care about seem to go through hell. Nothing you do seems to make any sort of change. They know you are there for them but at the same time there is nothing you can do at all to change whats happening.
You can give them advice, you can try to make sure that you are there when they need you but ultimately you know they are going to have to sort this shit out themselves. 
I tend to be neither a glass is half empty or half full kind of guy, not to say that I am not known to dwell in my own melancholy, but generally I bounce back pretty quickly from things. I prefer to think fuck it, there is still something in the glass, lets drink it and see what happens! I guess the one thing I would rather change about myself is not to be so affected by the moods of others, but would I really change the fact that I put these people before myself? Sometimes I guess I should.
There has been quite a lot in the news over the last couple of years about Depression, but yet it still seems to be a bit of a taboo subject. Sometimes a hug or a smile can make all the difference to someones day, maybe even a wink (unless you look like you are having some sort of seizure when you wink, in which case this is best avoided). 
So with that weighing on my mind I thought how could I convey this feeling in an image, but yet still maintain a little bit of fun.

And this is what I came up with.


I had hoped to just use one egg, but it didn't seem to capture the carnage. That and I didn't manage to capture the egg at the point of impact. 

I hope that everyone reading this has a great day, and if you know someone who isn't, do something about it!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment