Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

Day 34 - Kit and Caboodle

I've often wondered what a caboodle is. I'm sure one of you lovely readers will educate me.

One of the questions I have been asked so far is why would you use your phone when you spent so much money on your kit. The main thing is time. And then their is the awkwardness of carrying everything around. The phone is a handy to have and since the purpose of the project is not necessarily to take stunning images then it is ideal.

Just to give an idea of the time and effort that goes into some of the images. Day 1 saw me stood on the freezing cold beach for over an hour until the light was just right, the image of Christine took 30 minutes set up, then a 20 minute shoot followed by 30 minutes editing. So sometimes grabbing a quick picture on my phone fits in a lot better with my schedule.
To give some sort of idea of what I would need to carry round on a daily basis today's image is a picture of my standards kit for a shoot. All in all it's quite heavy too, I'm jot anal enough to weigh it hut you get the idea. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little hit more interesting for you all.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment